InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Garbage Disposer Review 2017
This home garbage disposal is best described as ‘’the big silent waste destroyer’’. It might be one of the best garbage disposals money can buy. It comes top in most garbage disposal reviews
What is the best household garbage disposal? What makes the InSinkErator Evolution Excel one of the top rated garbage disposals?
This home garbage disposal scores highly in three of the most valued garbage disposal ratings – a powerful 1.0 horsepower motor, very strong grinders and almost noise-free. This top rated garbage disposal can handle more food and bigger amounts than just about any other unit can.
Best Features of InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP
The InsinkErators 1.0 HP motor is the most powerful you can find among new garbage disposals. With its strong Dura-Drive Technology, this best home garbage disposal can handle the toughest waste. It should last a long time without breaking down.
Big 3-Grind System
With its mighty motor comes a three-stage grinding system that chews up almost any food, including bones.
First, a spinning plate with moveable teeth shreds the food waste. It is then forced through small holes and cut into smaller pieces. Thirdly, another disc slices the waste even smaller.
Cold water is mixed with these tiny pieces. The resulting liquid waste passes easily through drains.
What size garbage disposal is best? The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposal’s grinding chamber is large with a 40-oz. capacity. It can handle large amounts of food waste in one go – saving you time.
The InSinkerator Evolution Excel uses MultiGrind Plus Technology. This three-stage grind technology includes a GrindShear Ring, a Tri-Action Lug system and an Undercutter Disk.
The GrindShear ring and lug system handle the first two grinding stages.
A disc with two swivel lugs (sort of teeth) first shreds the waste. The waste pieces are then forced through a series of holes where a shearing motion cuts them into smaller pieces.
The lugs do three things during these first two stages – they grind, shred and flush water through the grind chamber to keep the waste moving.
An Undercutter Disc does the third stage of grinding. This sharp plate cuts the remaining food particles into even finer pieces.
Finally, the waste is flushed into the kitchen plumbing to go to a septic tank or mains sewage system.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel top rated garbage disposal has two important anti-jamming devices.
The first is an electric sensor that detects when the food waste is about to clog up the unit. It increases the power of the grinders to prevent this from happening.
The second is an Auto-Reverse Grind system. This automatically reverses the grinder’s direction to stop any jams. Both features are automatic so you do not need to do anything. In fact, you probably will not even notice when they start.
The big motor, 3-stage grinding, and anti-jamming devices are a smooth and easy way to get rid of food waste. What about the noise from all these features? This is where the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP really earns top marks as the best garbage disposal. It is as quiet as a whisper.
The ultra-quiet performance is down to the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer’s Soundseal Plus Technology.
Vibration causes noise and this technology massively reduces shaking.
It does this in several ways:
- Multi-layer sound insulation. Noise and vibration absorbing materials are wrapped in layers around the entire unit.
- Anti-vibration sink mount. This is a rubber connection between the disposal opening and mounting bracket.
- Anti-vibration tailpipe mount. This is a rubber connection between the garbage disposal outlet and the drainage pipe.
- Quiet-collar sink baffle. This creates a thin layer of water over the garbage disposal’s opening in the sink. It blocks out the noise coming from the grinder.
InSinkErator claims the Evolution Excel is 60% quieter than other quietest garbage disposal brands. You can talk normally in the kitchen with the garbage disposal unit running.
Easy to Install and Operate
InSinkErator garbage disposal units are among the easiest to install. A Quick-Lock mounting system allows old InSinkErator models to “twist off” and the new Evolution Excel to “twist on”. The Excel can replace other brands of garbage disposal not working in the same way.
If you are putting in a new garbage disposal for the first time the stainless steel mounting bracket is quick and easy to assemble. An instruction book gives clear and simple steps, with pictures, on how to how to replace garbage disposals or fit a completely new one for the first time.Installation should take 1-2 hours. Weighing 23 pounds you might need help lifting the unit into place.
All the things you need to install the garbage disposal unit come included when you buy the unit, except for a power cord. This best garbage disposal is easily turned on and off with a switch on the wall.
- The sink collar baffle is anti-bacterial, so keeping germs made by food waste to a minimum. When the InSinkErator Evolution Excel is turned on, it also helps to stop unwanted objects from accidentally falling into the grinder and waste shooting out. It is easy to remove for cleaning.
- This best garbage disposal unit comes with a stainless steel plug to cover the unit’s sink opening when not in use. This stops anything falling in.
- The unit comes with an inlet to directly connect it to a dishwasher
- A jam-buster wrench allows you to clear food blockages by hand.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer is stainless steel. It should not rust or corrode.
If the unit does have problems, it is backed by a ‘’we-come-to-you’’ 7-year In-Home Limited Warranty. This gives free house calls, parts and labor for the entire warranty period.
- High cost. This top of the range, large capacity garbage disposal unit costs more than most other units.
- Big size. At 9 inches wide and 13 inches high, this is a big kitchen garbage disposal and you need to check the space under your sink to see if it fits. The unit’s 23 lbs weight also means you may need help installing it.
- Slow drainage. The small opening in the InSinkErator Evolution Excel’s Quiet Collar Sink Baffle can cause water to collect in the sink. This is not a design fault. The unit restricts the flow to create a thin layer of water on top of the sink opening to reduce noise.
- Not too much. Although the Evolution Excel can grind tough foods like bones, corn cobs, and banana peels, it cannot handle too many of these in one go.
What is in the Box?
- Quick Lock sink mount
- Sink Baffle
- Jam-Buster wrench
- Anti-vibration tailpipe mount
- Stainless steel stopper
- Installation instructions
Pros and Cons of InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0
- Exceptionally quiet
- Powerful grinding action
- Simple installation
- Made of stainless steel
- 7-Year In-Home Limited Warranty
InSinkErator has a very good reputation. It was set up 75 years ago in the USA. The company is the largest food waste disposal manufacturer in the world. It is the best-selling garbage disposal brand.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP is one of the quietest, strongest and reliable garbage disposals ever made. Its 1.0 horsepower motor, triple grind stages, jam sensor and auto-reverse function, stainless steel construction and 7-year in-house warranty mean trouble-free garbage disposal. There is no noise and no blocked plumbing.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer is kind to the environment. Food waste disposals cut the amount of garbage taken to landfills. They also help reduce greenhouse gasses. The right treatment plants turn food waste into energy.
The unit’s high price might put you off buying this garbage disposal. All the above benefits come at a cost. If you are going to buy a garbage disposal, remember it is an investment. You will use it every day to keep your home clean and your family healthy.